Senior Operations Coordinator
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Part of Ocean Transportation global Operations team, the goal of this position is to drive and support successful operations of our chartered vessels, deliver seamless execution and coordination to our customers by virtue of their experience, skills and demonstrated behaviors. This commercial operations position requires efficient management and close liaison with our global offices, Cargill Ocean Transportation customers, shipowners, agents, shipbrokers, as well as providing proactive support to commercial teams during the pre-fixing and post-fixture processes. The incumbent should develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s business and a solid track record in executing large contracts of affreightments and a capacity to build relationships with strategic partners. This is a unique opportunity to join a global and diverse team.
Be the face of Operations towards our customers.
- Coordinate / follow up the execution of voyages and ensure seamless operations for allocated customers.
- Working in conjunction with our global operations team, to ensure customer requirements are met, build operational enhancements and solutions to address issues, participate in process improvement.
- Build and maintain a close relationship with our partners in the region: Shipowners, brokers, agents, towage companies, service providers.
- Drive to extract the best value out of the supervised contracts.
- Participate in customer account management together with the commercial team.
- Support trading department in anticipating issues, price new contracts.
- Adopt a customer centric mindset.
- Process improvement: actively take part in and suggest/implement solutions in a large-scale global organization.
- Review LOIs prior processing to claims team.
- Take an active role in solving operational situations that may arise.
Account management: for Customers and Suppliers:
- Understand the customer strategically: structure / strategic flows / assets …
- Regular proactive contact with customer (e-mail, phone)
- Occasional visits, organized jointly with Trading, business development
- Quarterly analysis of voyages
- Resolve potential claims on operational situations, laytime cases that may arise, in conjunction with our claims/legal team.
- Support account receivables cashing in freight/hire invoices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine Transportation, Marine Logistics, Logistics or Economic studies
- Minimum of five years of experience in vessel operations
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.