Job ID COL01278
Date posted 02/23/2021
This is a full-time position is located in Columbia, SC. Please note you may receive calls from
a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Protein is a business committed to serving a broad range of retail, foodservice, deli, club store and branded food customers. We are focused on the success of our own national brands as well as the brands of our customers. We utilize state-of-the-art turkey, beef, pork, and chicken processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers.
FSQR Tech I : This position is responsible for monitoring and reporting plant quality issues to the proper person and providing support to maintain company Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation programs. This environment for this position is in cold, wet areas from 32˚F to 42˚F. The responsibilities include but are not limited to product and process monitoring and documentation, customer claims investigations and . Maintain, calibrate and utilize lab equipment. Attend all required personal safety and food safety training sessions. Assist in implementation of Food Safety and Quality related SOP’s regarding facility processes and ensure all plant employees and visitors understand and follow all relevant policies and procedures. Enter and maintain data in Excel, Outlook, Word and other specific software packages. Utilize knowledge to aid Production in problem solving issues. Self-manage assigned projects to meet deadlines. Obtain samples as required. Tag/Un-tag products as required. Check in ingredients, labels, and other materials. The descriptions are general guidelines of expectations and may not include all responsibilities of the position.
- 60% Accurately perform and record monitoring activities and process verification and audits on receiving, manufacturing, packaging, storage, and shipping processes. Address, correct and document deviations in process or record keeping corrective action as required for process deviations or customer complaints in accordance with relevant programs and policies, including applicable regulations.
- 20% Monitor and enforce all plant specific and corporate food safety programs per the Cargill Policy Manual (CFSRA) and Global Food Safety Standard (BRC) such as “Good Hygiene Principles” (GHP’s), which includes but is not limited to proper PPE in processing areas, foreign material control and product adulteration prevention, air quality, sanitation, employee personal hygiene, pest control, chemical/packaging supplier program, transportation requirements, labeling program, cold chain management, traceability of packaging, processing materials, raw materials and finished products and the general maintenance of sanitary conditions throughout the facility.
- 20% Observe and ensure compliance of work area to regulatory standards. Maintain thorough knowledge of guidelines and procedures, record keeping, monitor plan-specific programs.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
• Must be 18 years or older
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED/HSED acceptable)
• Ability to read, write, and speak English
• Physical ability to perform monitoring and inspection activities which includes bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs repeatedly throughout the shift, and lift up to 40 lbs. intermittently throughout the shift.
• Basic math skills: read decimals to the hundredths, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and calculate percentages. Must also be able to read weights on a scale, calculate tares and read measurements using a ruler.
• Candidate must learn, understand and enforce relevant food safety policies and programs (HACCP, SSOP’s, GHP’s)
• Analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Keen sense of priorities – identifies what needs to be done and completes the tasks.
• Ability to manage conflict and communicate in a professional and respectful manner with personnel at all level of the organization and external visitors.
• Weekend work required in this position; 6 days standard with 7 days as necessary.
• Working conditions are in refrigerated areas with wet floors and moving equipment such as forklifts. Personal protective gear (hard hat, ear plugs, hairnets/beard nets, safety toe shoes, and safety glasses) must be worn at all times.
• Experience in and/or knowledge of Food Safety, HACCP/Regulatory Compliance, GMP’s, Quality Systems, Audits (BRC), Sanitation, Safe Food Handling
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
• Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Food Manufacturing