Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT:
The Maintenance and Reliability Supervisor I will coordinate the repair and maintenance of machinery, vehicles and equipment. We seek a professional who will focus on tactical and operational activities and align and implement reliability practices and programs. In this role, you will lead all aspects of maintenance, repair and project planning and stay up-to-date with industry best practices.
- Monitor and maintain machines and production equipment.
- Collaborate with senior team members to identify opportunities to improve reliability and resolve acceptable risk tolerance for equipment.
- Participate in project planning, cost estimation, tracking and payback justification.
- Engage the employees responsible for the repairs and maintenance of equipment and machines.
- Plan and prioritize work orders, scheduling overall repair and maintenance to minimize production downtime and disruptions.
- You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three years of underground mining experience OR two years of mining experience and a bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience supporting audit compliance and root/cause analysis processes
- Minimum three years of directly related maintenance experience
- Ability to flex schedule to cover different shifts when needed
- One year of supervisory experience in a union environment
- Experience with SAP software
- Experience with heavy equipment repair or industrial electrical knowledge
- Understanding of S.M.A.R.T. goals and coaching employees
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.