JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We are seeking a Microbiology Laboratory Technician III. In this role, you will ensure all testing is performed in accordance with standards, laboratory procedures and established company guidelines.
- Sample set-up including preparation of culture media, decontamination of wastes and performing monthly environmental tests in the laboratory and in production.
- Performs microbiological testing as per scope and miscellaneous tests as assigned by Laboratory Supervisor.
- Practices quality assurance and quality control related to testing, including identifying nonconformities, potential nonconformities and laboratory process improvements on a continuous basis. Reports results to customers.
- Maintains the laboratory environment and supplies including inventory of reagents, monitoring and maintenance of equipment, rotation of media stocks and disposal of retain samples.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Knowledge of microbiology, preparation of culture media, laboratory equipment and basic laboratory techniques.
- Knowledge of lab procedures and techniques.
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.