UX/UI Design Fall Semester 2021 Internship at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Research Park
In partnership with Cargill, through the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign (UIUC) research park, you will be given the opportunity as an intern to work with Cargill Digital Labs, to gain hands on experience in real business situations and be exposed to many of Cargill’s businesses and functions during the work term. As an intern you would work as an individual contributor or in project teams where software engineering, analytical skills, product design, UX Design, leadership, collaboration, inclusion, and innovation are keys to success.
As an organization Cargill’s mission is to lead in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. The Cargill Digital Labs (CDL) team is to help prepare Cargill for a digital future. The vision of this future includes a thriving digital culture, continually launching of new digital business initiatives, and that Cargill will be a digital thought leader in the food and agriculture industries.
In partnership with the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, Cargill is establishing a research site within UIUC’s Research Park to further this mission. In its first iterations, we intend to leverage the site to host digital research projects, such as software, hardware and engineering prototypes which would be staffed by student interns from the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign. As we gain learnings from the experience, we will grow and mature our development capabilities within the park to best suit Cargill’s evolving digital journey.
Job Location: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in Champaign, IL
- Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign graduating between Winter 2021 and Summer 2024
- Must have the right to work in the US that is not based on the possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors’ degree with a major or minor in UX Design, Product Design, Design, Graphic Design, or other related disciplines, OR commensurate experience with design and analytics in lieu of pursuing a related major/minor.
- Experience with creating flows, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and conducting usability testing using tools provided.
- Experience with Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, Axure, Balsalmiq, Adobe Creative Suite OR comparable software
- Able to complete a semester-long internship in Fall 2021 (late August – December 2021)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Must be able to complete essential functions of this job as outlined in the job description with reasonable accommodations
- Pursuing a cross-disciplined degree in either Computer Science, Economics, Business, Food Science, or Agriculture Business.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong aptitude for both technology and business
- Commercial product software development experience
- Overall 3.0 GPA preferred
- Knowledge of basic structured programming, systems analysis and design, database design, and business concepts
- Demonstrated analytical and technical skills
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to job-related duties
- Strong prioritization and problem-solving skills; collaboration skills; verbal and written communication skills; and information research and gathering skills
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.