Technical Management Trainee
Launch your career engaging in meaningful work!
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. Our purpose is to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with food. We combine our experience with new technologies and insights to serve as a trusted partner for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries. We offer a diverse, inclusive and inspiring working environment where you will grow personally and professionally.
Location: Castelmassa, Italy
What is the Technical Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our technical and food science function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Leading or participating in continuous improvement projects in an operations environment, having interaction with maintenance and reliability, manufacturing technology, engineering, safety and quality.
- Being responsible for a significant piece of the production process and for the people that make it happen.
- Participating actively in the safety and food safety in our operations.
- Learning on the job with experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
The role is the part of Cargill Starches, Sweeteners and Texturizes business group. You will join a Manufacturing Technology team of 7 people and support production with high level trouble shooting as well as take active part in continuous improvement projects. These projects can be related to new tool or method implementation, delivering technical trainings and enhancing innovation in different departments: sugar refinery, wet mill, Utilities, material handling, polyols and other. The project assignment will depend on the business needs as well as your personal area of interest.
You will work standard working hours with rare cases of shift work on exceptional basis.
The Castelmassa site currently works at its full capacity following the special measures set by the Italian and EU government and in line with Cargill safety policy.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- Master degree in Engineering (Process, Energy, Chemical, Biochemistry or Food Technology).
- Entry level work experience (up to 2 years) and/or an internship in relevant areas.
- Fluency in Italian and English.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes
- Proven natural leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel in case required.
The successful candidates will be invited to complete an initial video interview (please, expect to receive an e-mail invitation). After that the shortlisted candidates will have an online video interview with the hiring manager followed by a final face-to-face meeting with the members of the operational team & plant tour on the site.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.