Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist II will provide expertise to ensure compliance regarding environmental, health and safety regulations. We seek a professional who will help develop, implement and maintain processes and programs that comply with federal, state and local regulations and requirements. In this role, you will lead in a low complexity facility or support a higher complexity facility. You will monitor and handle up to three highly hazardous processes; low-to-high serious injuries and fatalities, potential serious environmental events or sites with low-to-high maturity.
- Implement and handle processes and systems for environmental health and safety hazard identification and risk management.
- Create effective emergency response plan, train workforce and coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan.
- Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
- Implement and execute controls and programs and ensure they work as planned.
- Prepare for audits, governmental inspections, customer visits, identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
- Support appropriate training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site specific needs.
- Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control environmental health and safety risks with contractors.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- In depth knowledge of legislation and business processes in environmental health and safety systems, ecology and environmental protection, industrial safety.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups in a large organization.
- Knowledge of international instruments aimed at reducing injuries (near miss, observation, risk assessment).
- Experience in organizing safety management system for specialists of contracting organizations.
- Experience with environmental health and safety management systems.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.