Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Maintenance Superintendent will supervise and execute the deployment of overall leading maintenance practices aligned to production needs. In this role, you will lead a team that executes routine complex activities to maintain and improve capacity utilization and quality standards realized through reliable operations across the region.
- Supervise the execution of specific equipment maintenance strategy for each asset involved with containing, controlling or safeguarding a high hazard process.
- Implement and monitor methodologies to improve operational effectiveness in compliance with regulatory codes and standards.
- Lead the integration of contractor partners and equipment providing support to the plant force.
- Partner with regional and global leadership to develop area leading practices.
- Assist with the development of the operational maintenance budget.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Working with the project engineering team for capital projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience overseeing third party resources to deliver business results
- Knowledge of related tools, processes controls and area technology systems
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Maintenance experience with food processing equipment
- Familiarity with Ammonia Systems
- Bilingual (English-Spanish)
This is a day shift position.
Relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She started as an intern and not only found a career that took her around the world, she also found a team that’s like family.Meet Anita
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.