Grind Supervisor 2nd Shift
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Grind Supervisor will directly monitor staff during production shift. Responsibility for safety, product quality, housekeeping and productivity. Follow the assignment of the superior.
- Directly operate or supervise the operation of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
- Responsible for the safety of people during their shift. Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift.
- Responsible for safe products in the shift. Monitor and maintain the product's quality according to the standard.
- Train staff on relevant safety, Food Safety Quality Regulatory production to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations.
- You will have some authority for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance, or disciplinary actions, and much of your time is spent completing the same tasks as the subordinate employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR Minimum of 2+ years of experience in production
- Excellent leadership and teamwork, strong communication skills and able to communicate with all levels in the plant.
- Routine physical activity including standing and walking for several hours at a time, climbing, and lifting approximately 50 lbs.
- Minimum 2+ years year of supervisory experience
- Experience in continuous improvement and reliability excellence
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.