Maintenance Helper - Summer Student
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Maintenance Helper - Summer Student
Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisors, the summer student contributes to the maintenance and cleanliness of the complex while focusing on the maintenance tasks assigned.
- Entering maintenance work orders into the SAP system
- Helping with basic tasks like Lawn mowing, yard cleaning, watering plants & other general yard duties
- Assisting the inventory control clerk with the maintenance inventory counts and checks
- Provide tradespeople with tools and parts they need for their work
- Help to keep equipment clean & to keep the shop clean
- Move tools and materials to and from work areas
- Track cleaning supply levels and provide list to Supervisor – Site Yard/Grounds maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Basic use of a computer
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
This Full Time Temporary position is located in Calgary, AB; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.