Food Safety and Quality Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Do you love a challenge and being involved with a hard-working team to seek quality assurance issues? Love to analyze data and uncover risks? Just a few of the ways we can use your experience in this position. The Food Safety and Quality Technician (12 month term) will provide quality assurance and food safety technical support through testing and auditing process documentation, data collection and analysis, and supporting knowledge transfer.
- Conducts inspections of finished products or raw materials to identify trends in defects or errors, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to new team members
- Conducts documentation review of HACCP and food safety and quality documents.
- Assists in audits and shelf life projects through testing, preparing reports and final summaries.
- Manages customer complaints and ensure appropriate actions and preventative measures are in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
Please notify your manager before applying.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum two years of related work experience
- Ability to work overtime, holidays and weekends
- Ability to work schedule from 4:00pm to 12:30am
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of meat cuts
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.