Maintenance Electrician - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Butler, WI
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Maintenance Electrician - 2nd Shift - Full Time - Butler, WI
This is a full-time position is located in Butler, WI. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, pork and turkey, foodservice, food distribution and case ready businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
Cargill Value Added Meats is the preferred meat supplier to restaurant chains, healthcare facilities, colleges and universities, business and industry. Foodservice professionals throughout North America count on Cargill Value Added Meats for customer-focused meat solutions that blend culinary trends with labor-saving efficiency.
Position is responsible for performing a wide variety of electrical installation and repair work on plant electrical systems (equipment, and buildings). The maintenance electrician plays a vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort by executing the scheduled work, repairing failed equipment, and providing feedback and comments for improvement. The maintenance electrician is responsible for the faithful execution of work in compliance with all codes and regulations. He/she will provide feedback on what repairs are needed to the equipment on the work order, and will offer suggestions on how to improve the job plan.
• 75% - Performs work assigned by supervisor
• 5% - Identify follow-up work and parts required
• 5% -Assist in development and implementation of new systems
• 5% - Complete, Sign and return Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
• 5% - Help promote and communicate Maintenance and Reliability to the Organization
• 5% - Other duties include housekeeping, safety training, and meetings
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years industrial maintenance experience
- Excellent communication skills (English written, verbal, listening)
- Troubleshoot limit switches, photo eye and proximity switches
- Proficient in reading ladder diagrams and be able to troubleshoot PLC machines without the aid of a computer
- Trouble shoot, repair and replace faulty electrical components through the use of hand tools and electrical test equipment
- Measure, cut and bend conduit such as rigid EMT, PVC, and IMC utilizing hand tools and benders.
- Must be able to replace and setup air jets and print engines for labelers
- Be able to Set up and troubleshoot drives, showing understanding and ability to change settings
- Troubleshoot PLC on line
- Understand the Hydraulic, pneumatic and vacuum system concepts
- Ensure compliance with all local codes, regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office and CMMS software.
- Associate degree in Electronic Engineering or significant experience in PLC and control system troubleshooting
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.