Trade Compliance Operations Team Lead
Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in safe and responsible ways. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Join us to leverage new technologies, dynamic insights and 154 years of experience to serve our food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers.
You'll work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
• Provide strategic direction on initiatives, coordinate and execute operations for the organization, collaborating cross-functionally, internally and externally to implement trade compliance operations solutions in support of business, enterprise and functional business plans.
• Analyze, measure, evaluate and report requited data sets of a single or multiple site or process area for internal or external risk assessments and audits and government requests for information.
• Analyze and coordinate transactional data requirements to execute complex Cross Border clearance and filing of import and export declarations.
• Ensure compliance for records & records retention, provides oversight to analysts and support staff for record keeping process and ensures records are maintained per regulatory requirements & Global Customs Advisory inputs.
• Conduct moderately complex analysis on risk exposure and process improvement, and recommend next steps to more senior members of the team.
• Act as key point of contact and co-lead for special projects (manage communication, lead meetings, influence and manage audience) for country including other functions and business partners.
• Apply deep technical understanding of Argentina trade compliance regulations, export controls, and other requirements issued by Administración Federal de Ingresos Públicos and other government agencies (e.g., SENASA) to support trade compliance operations day to day activities, provide onboarding, training and coaching to junior staff.
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Minimum four years of related work experience
• Demonstrated client/customer focus and strong relationship builder
• Advanced knowledge on Argentina export controls, Sistema Informativo Malvina, customs and government regulations in Argentina
• Experience managing compliance with free trade agreements in the subregion (Mercosur, Andean Community, ALADI)
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Communicate effectively to influence across the organization and with external partners
• Results-driven performance
• Advanced critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills; experience with managing scorecards/metrics.
• Deep Incoterms 2010 and 2020 knowledge
• Knowledge of international supply chain
• Certified Customs Specialist certificate or equivalent
• Transfer pricing/valuation knowledge is strongly preferred
• Understanding of customs regulations and programs
• Experience of SAP - Global Trade Services (GTS) technology
• Demonstrated advanced competencies in free trade agreements and global contract renewal
Prior Beneficial Experiences
• Ability to communicate at all levels within government departments.
• Ability to take initiative and operate independently.
• Ability to manage and coordinate multiple priorities and projects.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.