Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
As Quality Control Chemist, you will provide expertise with all daily operations in quality control laboratories. The analytical goal is to support the buildup and maintenance of the rapid technology platform by providing reliable accurate analytical figures, as well as performing validation and troubleshooting of new analytical methods, making sure it meets the requirement and deadlines.
- Provide analytical support to Rapid Technology Application platform by releasing precise and accurate results and ensure scope of testing parameter is sufficient to build MPA module.
- Provide on-going technical support to stakeholder, investigate quality problems and deliver improvement actions with follow-up.
- Perform method validation/verification to roll-out new testing method in the lab.
- Document SOPs, identify possible trends in testing results with data analysis software (by Microsoft/Minitab etc) and provide input to team members to improve quality control system.
- Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent data (e.g., spreadsheets, graphs, and reports).
- Maintains systems/techniques for reporting data across functional areas
- Organize and participate ring tests with the goal to check and control methods and equipment.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- This position offers a sign on bonus
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- "Able to work independently, possess positive working attitude with high initiative level, and communicate effectively"
- Necessary English reading capacity
- Experience with chemical analysis (preferable)- oils and fats, starch, sweeteners, etc.
- Knowledge in calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot various analytical instruments such as GC, HPLC.
- Able to demonstrate sound understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC), method validation and report writing
“Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).”
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet