Account Manager Intern 2021
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce
Account Manager Internship:
As a Swine Account Manager Intern you will gain hands-on experience and see what working at Cargill is really like. Our internship will give you a first-hand look at the challenges and opportunities of our business and work closely with our Key Account Managers and Technical Team. You will be exposed to many facets of our Cargill Premix and Nutrition business, the work flow, and given a chance to demonstrate the skills learned during your internship.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify.
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship, co-op or full-time position for the following year.
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
Your Personal Board of Directors:
We want you to excel at Cargill! We strongly believe that combining your interpersonal skills and curiosity with a top team of professionals just for you will be the winning combination to help you thrive. During the internship, you will have three allocated resources assigned to you: university recruiter, supervisor and mentor. In addition to these individuals, you will also expand your network across our global business as you build your own network of resources to help you in your career.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Home/Field Based
- Field Setting
- Travel approximately 80%
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Animal Science, Agriculture Business or related field graduating between December 2021 and May 2023
- One year of swine industry experience and general knowledge
- Proven leader, self-starter, and strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not solely based on possession of a student visa or visa sponsored by a third party employer
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- 2-3 years Swine industry experience
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.