AEI Specialist I
The Automation Specialist I is a member of the Cargill Starches, Sweeteners and Texturizers (CSST) AEI team that interacts with internal and external centers of expertise to ensure reliability centered maintenance and engineering principles are utilized within their department and site. The Automation Specialist I is responsible for the execution of automation solutions in support of continuous improvement projects, maintenance activities and capital projects. This position will work as part of a centrally focused team implementing configuration based on corporate defined best practice standards and guidelines. The Automation Specialist will provide design guidance for creating, maintaining and improving code to meet Manufacturing Technology requirements.
Responsible for development, design, maintenance and configuration of Automation software systems including, but not limited to the following:
• Forced Setpoints, Interlocks, Permissive and Equipment Modules implementation
• Process control strategy
• HMI configurations
• Loop tuning
• Simulation systems
• PI Historian and Interfaces
60% Software Design and Implementation
• Work with local engineering team to provide programming and configuration expertise to support site projects and optimization of existing code.
• Design and Implement control strategies based on current best practice standards and approved components.
• Assist in design of User Requirement Specifications (URS).
• System Administration on plant control systems for servers, workstations and network components.
• Security concepts and requirements for control systems.
• Maintain simulation systems for use of FATing code and for training purposes.
• Configuration of HMI in accordance with corporate and regional standards.
25% Continuous Improvement
• Work with local Maintenance and Reliability team to identify areas in need of improvement and reliability for automation systems.
• Monitor and perform loop tuning using loop tuning software.
• Perform Automation PM’s.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis efforts and solutions.
10% Hardware Design and Implementation
• Assist in IO additions.
• Assist in control system expansions.
• Maintain documentation on system updates, bus technologies, IO lists, and alarm master database.
5% Other Duties as needed
• Coach and mentor less experienced Automation professionals to ensure continued technical and professional growth.
• Provide troubleshooting expertise to stakeholders such as operations.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical OR Associate’s Technical degree OR minimum 5+ years AEI experience in lieu of degree.
• 1+ years of experience in Automation.
• Must understand continuous and batch process control strategies.
• Ability to read P&ID’s.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Work well in a team or individual environment and be a self-starter.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• An ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
• Certified Automation Professional (CAP) Certification through Instrument Society of America (ISA).
• Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling.
• Knowledge of ISA 18.2, ISA 88, NFPA 85, NFPA 86,IEC 61131, IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
• Experience with Starches, Sweeteners, and Texturizers equipment and processes.
• Ability to configure and program a variety of control systems including Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), and Human Machine Interface (HMI) systems.
• Experience with Emerson AMS Device Manager, DeltaV, D3, and ControlLogix.
• Experience with OSI PI system products including PI Vision, RtDUET, PI BatchView, and PI Event Frames.
• Instrumentation Experience (e.g. Temperature, Flow, pH, O2, Pressure, control valves)
• Ability to troubleshoot a range of automation, electrical, and instrumentation systems.
• Ability to read and update electrical schematics.
• Design and implementation knowledge of plant digital bus technologies.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.