Technical Deployment Manager (Pork Value Chain)
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Pork Value Chain Manager is an expert responsible for providing advice and insights to category's customers while helping the business achieve growth targets. As a Pork Value Chain Manager, you will build up long-term strategic plan to help customer develop their strategy to participate in Animal Husbandry Value Chain and create Meat brandname for Cargill customers in order to develop close business relationship between customers with Cargill. You will also identify new business development opportunities within existing customers or with new opportunities; find and propose solutions, leads projects, communicates and trains customers. You are a trusted advisor to customer; strategic and technical direction for account managers.
Acts as the technical link with Marketing & Technology team within R&D functions working directly with other functions to assess opportunities for improvement and provide advice and consultation in Value Chain.
Deploys the category strategy and ensures all applicable teams are in line to build overall value for the category.
Constantly expands knowledge on customers, the application and markets to create new innovation ideas for new projects of Pork Value Chain.
For more details:
DEVELOP AND MANAGE THE ENTIRE BUSINESS RELATED ANIMAL VALUE CHAIN
- Understand Animal Value Chain from Feed >>> Farm >>> Consumer and their connection with the business of company then develop business supporting plan.
- Coordinate supply/demand in genetics, sows, piglets for customers farms
- Coordinate supply/demand in finishers hogs between customers farms and slaughter house or meat processors
- Build and Manage relationship with key stakeholders in Animal Value chain
- Monitors the customer relationship for continuous value creation and optimization.
- Collaborates/partners with Commercial teams to ensure availability of supply and distribution channels to meet customer expectations and timelines.
- Build cornerstone for Cargill endorsed Branded meat/distribution in long term
RESEARCH & IDENTIFY CUSTOMER / BUSINESS NEEDS
- Researches and identifies customer requirements and expectations.
- Partners with a network of support functions (i.e. Commercial, Marketing, Technology, Operations) to remain knowledgeable on more complex products and services capabilities and the overall business strategy to address current and future needs of the customer(s).
- Understand competitor’s activities and their relevant offerings in animal value chain. Proactively analyzes competitor capabilities along with comparisons to Cargill capabilities to determine gaps and to position Cargill against competitive options.
- Utilizes industry knowledge to ensure marketing/sales strategies and tactics (i.e. product/market segmentation, pricing, channels of distributions) align with and support those of Cargill customers.
PERFORMANCE TARGETS, MEASUREMENTS & RESULTS
- Define quantifiable targets and execute for Cargill strategic customers. Provides input to the detailed sales plan of activities to monitor, assess, and ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Delivers on sales performance/financial targets/budgets; sales volume, prices, revenue, profitability.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Working knowledge of fats and oils and interactions with other ingredients in food systems
Two or more years experience translating customer or industry needs into commercial solutions
Minimum of four years of related work experience
Other minimum qualifications may apply
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.