Receives requests for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies for internal use from various plant/location staff or a procurement/inventory management system (e.g., Maximo or other ERP) for nondiscretionary, contracted spend, such as stock replenishment or planned spend.
• Follows established procedures to process routine requests and prepare purchase orders for procurement of contracted materials/goods, services and/or supplies and sends notification to suppliers.
• Update’s procurement process documents, for processes requiring minimal interpretation, for review and approval by more senior team members.
• Schedules and confirms deliveries of materials/goods, services and/or supplies ordered, and shipments received, or services performed with plant/location staff; monitors and expedites deliveries as necessary in routine situations.
• Facilitates invoice approval process including scanning/copying or otherwise forwarding to local approver, reconciliation of purchase order to invoice and contract terms (e.g., price, specifications, quantity, etc.), and notification to appropriate resource to issue payment.
• Compiles, records and tracks electronic and/or hard-copy records and files pertinent to purchasing information (e.g., supplier information, order history, pricing data, account codes, lead times, reorder times etc.).
• Within established limits and following established guidelines, may contact supplier and take actions to research basic variances with supplier contract terms and conditions (on-time delivery, quality of materials/goods, adherence to specifications, etc.); coordinates return of rejected/damaged or otherwise unsuitable orders.
• Works with applicable plant/location staff to research and resolve routine supplier issues; escalates more significant issues to higher level procurement staff and/or Strategic Sourcing organization as appropriate.