Engineering Manager - Strategic Pricing Platforms
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
We are the Strategic Pricing Technology team, a growing portfolio within the broader Digital Foundry at Cargill. We exist to enable our business teams to advance their Strategic Pricing capabilities and maximize profitability. We build and deploy technology products for price optimization, price management, and digital sales enablement. We excel as a team when we combine business acumen, technical expertise, and a structured delivery model.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Engineering Manager - Strategic Pricing Platforms will build, manage and mature the team responsible for technical configuration, engineering and development across Strategic Pricing technology platforms (primarily SaaS based). Your team will define and apply development standards and best practices aligned with DevOps, agile and modern software engineering for all products within the Strategic Pricing Portfolio. Your team will partner with the Product group within the portfolio to develop and understand vendor platform technology and functional feature roadmaps, surface feature requests and incorporate platform product improvements within our products. Your team will partner with portfolio Delivery and Support groups to ensure successful delivery and support KPIs are met (on time, in full, on budget, with quality, meeting SLAs).
- Direct a team of engineering professionals, across Strategic Pricing technologies that design, develop, deploy and enhance new and existing platforms and infrastructure globally within Cargill.
- Provide leadership to deliver highly scalable and resilient platforms, systems and infrastructure and run budget for a platform engineering teams.
- Provide leadership to grow team capabilities, drive team goals and prioritize team resources in alignment with business priorities and needs.
- Influence the engineering community to ensure teams constantly learn and apply new trends and technology to handle business problems.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions.
- You will collaborate with managers, supervisors, architects and product team leaders in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience directing teams that develop or configure SaaS based applications
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Experience with agile team delivery and concepts
- Experience building engineering or development teams from the ground up.
- Experience managing internal personnel alongside vendor-provided resources in a matrixed environment.
- Three years of supervisory experience
The expected salary for this position is $160K - $180K. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
Full-Time (30+ hours) positions are eligible for a benefit package including the following (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions): Paid time off; paid holidays; medical, vision, and dental coverage; flexible spending accounts; life insurance; disability insurance; retirement savings; employee and family assistance program (EAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.