Senior Commodity Analyst - Grains
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
- Work with local traders daily, and global trading desk heads weekly, on strategic direction by advocating for trading positions, using analytic data.
- Conduct analysis requiring a deep understanding of the commodities or markets.
- Conduct most complex market or crop research using traditional and nontraditional data sources.
- Research competitor behavior including marketing strategies, pricing, sales and methods of operation.
- Monitor market conditions, trends and competitors to project demand and inform product launch timing.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Develop and deliver multimode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Gain industry-expert level of understanding of the commodities or markets.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.