Consumer & Market Insights Manager
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
Consumer & MarketInsights Manager will plan, direct, control, conduct and analyze customer-oriented market research activities to identify potential customers and markets for products and services. We seek a professional who will develop and maintain marketing databases with internally driven or externally derived information sources to serve APAC region market.
- Partner with leaders across Cargill Protein Asia markets to analyze and prepare forecasts and recommendations for product preferences, sales coverage, market penetration, market practices and sales trends in APAC.
- Monitor market conditions, trends, competitors, etc. to project business consumer demand and plan project launch strategy.
- Research market conditions to identify potential sales opportunity of a product.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret marketplace trends and customer data to create marketing insights related to internal decision making, value delivery and differentiation from competition, and customer’s buying decisions influencing , as well as product development strategies across the European business.
- Be responsible for the creation, revision, design, and methodology of research projects such as sampling approach, instrument development, qualitative and quantitative research, reporting, regression analysis, data tables, questionnaires, online surveys, interviews, etc.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of related work experience in a matrix organizational structure
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Experience in both a primary research role and category management/analytics role
- Regional experience working across several markets in Asia
- Experience in leading qualitative research, quantitative research, and data analytics
- Ability to ‘connect the dots’ from varying sources and synthesize into a compelling story
- High proficient in spoken and written English and computer literacy
- Master’s Degree in Marketing Research or related field or MBA
- Confirmed experience in leading custom research and analytics preferably in Foods Manufacturing and/or FMCG
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Learn through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Experience developing strategy and executing marketing research and insights activities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.