Grain Marketing Advisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Grain Marketing Advisor represents the critical link between customers, and the company's customer facing strategy. In this role you will translate regional and local cash commodity market knowledge into timely and competitive service offerings for our customers, executed with high efficiency.
- Develop and maintain relationships with core customers and select commercial customer segments.
- Focus on competitively positioning commodity offers in local cash markets to efficiently source them through our processing facilities while focusing on maximizing profitability for both customers and the company.
- Develop a deep understanding of the basic market access needs desired by customers in the segment and work to quickly adapt to changes in these needs with shifts in local cash markets.
- Collaborate with internal sales, merchandising, customer service, and operations teams to meet customer needs efficiently and in a manner which is tightly linked to regional and local cash market strategies.
- Enable an efficient and effective customer experience through utilizing our systems and digital offerings.
- Consistently identify and communicate customer insights back into the business unit that can be utilized to create and enhance standardized customer segment value propositions, as well as overall business strategy development. You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in the Canadian grain industry, agricultural production or farm management
- Possess a valid Canadian Driver’s License
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Related post-secondary education or training
- Comprehension of Cargill’s Risk Management Tools
- Consulting experience
- Specialized knowledge of grain marketing and risk management
- Good working knowledge of grain futures, options and markets
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.