Government Relations and Communications Senior Director
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
Government Relations and Communicatons Senior Director will be expected to guide and represent the company on legislative and political matters with elected politicians, government officials, and industry bodies. Leading a team of experienced directors and professionals, ensuring alignment across the regional company enterprises. In this role you will guide the external communications, social and media relations agenda in the country, advising business leaders through relevant issues. We expect the Sr. Director to also leverage Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability programs in the region in order to build Cargill's image and reputation with the relevant external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Lead a team to develop, maintain and report on policies and programs to ensure awareness of government legislation and regulatory issues that affect the organization.
- Represent the company as the cross enterprise regional lead at forums and gatherings with government officials to advance company initiatives, priorities, and to exchange ideas on potential legislation that may affect the company.
- Update general counsel, enterprise, functional leadership and government relations and communications leadership teams regularly on key issues and opportunities, ensuring alignment of enterprise and functional objectives across the regional efforts. Work closely with other corporate functions such as Corporate Responsibility, Human Resources, Regulatory Affairs, Legal and Marketing.
- Protect and represent the organization's interest in legislative proceedings and in the development of market rules and procedures specific to your docket.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting.
- Guide external communications agenda, including social and traditional media, in the country in close collaboration with Cargill's media and corporate communications teams, managing contractors and agencies as needed.
- Manage issues and crises.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 15 years of related work experience in Corporate Affairs & Communications/Policy Advocacy/Government Relations
- Five years of supervisory experience
- Excellent command of English both verbal and written
- Experience performing in a Corporate Affairs or government relations strategy & development role.
- Experience of working within a complex and multinational organization.
- Project planning and execution skills including the creation and use of compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks running concurrently.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.