Continuous Improvement Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The CI Engineer applies engineering techniques to assist in the continious improvement of manufacturing processes and products. In this role, you will provide technical support, operations experience, continuous improvement and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient and low-cost plant operations.
- Review and recommend manufacturing equipment and processes designed to be efficient, cost-effective and to promote quality and reliability.
- Assess current manufacturing equipment and processes and makes recommendations for changes.
- Elaborate CI projects
- Support the CI strategy and improve the CI culture of the plant
- Review current process safety and make improvements when gaps in safety are detected
- Help to fix and repair equipment.
- Work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Possesses working knowledge of engineering subject matter
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Good people management skills
- Process safety knowledge and good project support skills
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of PI (data historian), ACAD (auto CAD), MS Project
- Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.