Technical Management Trainee
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
We are looking for a Technical Management Trainee for Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) EMEA BOSC Group to join our team in a start position at Multiseed Plant (Crush & Refinery) in Amsterdam.
In CASC EMEA we operate on an integrated global basis to source, process, transport and distribute our bulk commodities: grains and oilseeds around the world.
What is the Technical Management Trainee Program about?
We aim to develop top diverse talent towards future expert and managerial roles for our technical and food science function at Cargill. The program offers access to accelerate development on the job and through other channels during a 24-month program which may include depending on your area of expertise:
- Leading or participating in various projects in an operations environment, having interaction with finance, maintenance and reliability, manufacturing technology, engineering, safety and quality.
- Being responsible for a significant piece of the production process and for the people that make it happen.
- Participating actively in the safety and food safety in our operations.
- Learning on the job with experts, developing technical and soft skills and receiving coaching from your manager and peers.
- Participating in structured learning (digital and instructor led) to develop your technical, professional and leadership skills with peers across Europe, Middle East and Africa, learning from each other during the different sessions of the Cargill European Graduate program.
- Building a peer network across Cargill.
What you will bring to Cargill (REQUIRED)
- Master degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Process, Agricultural, etc.)
- Entry level work experience (up to 2 years) and/or an internship in relevant areas.
- Fluency in English and good Dutch.
What you will bring to Cargill (PREFERRED)
- Strong technical affinity.
- Proven natural leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills; desire to develop your career in management.
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-functional teams.
- High integrity and ethical standards.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Demonstrated experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Fast learner and oriented to self-development: curiosity to learn and create new way of building and/or improving systems and processes.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to proactively identify and resolve problems.
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company.
We will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will challenge and stretch you. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world!
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill is also aligned with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.