Position Purpose & Summary
The Planner Logistics is accountable for all planning activities concerning flow(s) of (different) products at IGMA.
This role exists within a small team and bears responsibility for planning a cost-efficient discharge sequence of incoming Ocean vessels as well as inventory management for products that are stored for customers. The planner will communicate with internal and external parties on a daily basis to align and ensure optimal efficiency regarding loading and discharging operations.
35% Data management / documentation:
- Responsible to maintain timely and accurate load/discharge execution data within the data management system
- Responsible for assigning unique IDs to load/discharge flows
- Responsible for daily reporting of changes in inventory, transshipment planning for barges and trucks
- With supervision, responsible for accurate invoicing of all load/discharge operations
- With team, Responsible for monitoring and internal communication of ETAs of Ocean vessels
- Responsible for integrating contract terms and conditions in the system to ensure correct invoicing
30% Customer / third party interaction:
- Maintains and develops relationships with customers and business partners
- Collaborates with Cargill Agency and IGMA Parcel Service (IPS) as necessary to optimize the load/discharge sequence
- Follows up on contracts with customers in reference to quality, quantity, origin, delivery period and schedule, payments, and traceability
- With some oversight, actively works/collaborates directly with traders/merchants to ensure smooth execution of deliveries and clear prioritization (internal/external)
- Communicates with agents, supervision companies and other service providers to manage shipment
- May communicate with ocean transportation to make adjustments to the voyage of vessels
20% Development and execution of discharge sequence:
- Under some supervision, participate in establishment of shipment and logistics plans/strategy together with Commercials and Planning team.
- With some supervision, may provide recommendations/advice to commercial team on specific contract terms
- With some supervision and in line with contractual terms and execution procedures/plans, appoints necessary service providers such as fumigation companies
- With some direction, responsible to monitor daily execution of the shipment plans, identify and escalate any deviation from original plans applying knowledge of operation practices and procedures
- With help of IGMA Parcel Service (IPS) tracking movement of commodity during voyage and unloading at discharge point
10% Process improvement:
- With some direction, actively searches for opportunities to optimize planned costs and any other cost saving opportunities and analyze unexpected costs to identify root causes and define action plan.
- With direction, conduct analysis on inefficient load/discharge sequences to provide recommendation for next steps.
- With some oversight, conduct process improvement analysis to search for process efficiency opportunities and deliver data driven recommendations
- With the team, think about digitalization improvements to innovate work processes
5% Performance management / research & analysis:
- With Continuous Improvement manager, Analyzes incomplete operations related to planned volumes
- May participate in defining reporting needs and development of these reports.
The job may require some flexible working hours or on call duties.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- HBO, bachelor or equivalent or relevant experience
- Relevant work experience in Supply Chain Planning is a plus
- Food/Feed/Agricultural experience is a plus
- Maritime experience is a plus
- Fluent in English and Dutch Language (additional regional language is a plus)
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office, excel specifically, SharePoint, SAP
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making capabilities
- Strong communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills:
- Compelling and authentic communicator with Cargill customers and employees of all levels
- Professional attitude, concern for ethics
- Ability to work under pressure, set right priorities
- Ability to work in fluctuating workload environment
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.