Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Inbound Merchant will handle bulk ingredient logistics via rail and truck to deliver commodities that meet production requirements and specifications in terms of timing, volume, quantity and cost. In this role, you will be responsible for the purchase and logistics of nonprice sensitive commodities from and to country elevators, producers, feed mills and processors and determine the best solution to ensure timely delivery of ingredients to plants.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders, transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to optimize efficiency and reduce costs.
- Monitor bulk ingredient pipelines, evaluate inventory levels and plan purchases and transportation to maximize profitable use of stock and storage facilities.
- Enter routine data and run specialty reports from our contract management databases and systems.
- Research and analyze various freight opportunities in the marketplace to maximize margin.
- Work directly with customers, suppliers and business counterparts to meet their needs in managing ingredient risk, ensuring low cost and timely deliveries and addressing complaints and concerns.
- Coach, train and mentor interns, associates and Inbound Merchant I
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in Merchandizing, logistics or supply chain.
• Background in supply chain, logistics or business administration
• Background in agriculture
• Background in SAP, TM
• Project management experience
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.