Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants, biodiesel facilities, and farm service centers. The position will generate revenue by proactively and efficiently buying grain from and selling grain marketing solutions to targeted farmers (and designated others) within the region. Work in close alignment with Merchants, Origination Specialists, Grain Market Advisory, and Sales Support Representatives to achieve overall business results and deliver superior customer service. They will deliver against agreed upon business goals and drive consistent execution of critical processes and systems in a manner that aligns with our values of safety and being the “Partner of Choice” for our customers.
• 50% - Buy grain to maximize profitability and handle through Cargill and designated third party locations, ensuring compliance with applicable buying and margin management policies, procedures and contract management systems. Achieve grain purchase goal objectives at optimal margin through input to and alignment with merchandising objectives.
• 25% - Generate solutions revenue by selling grain marketing solutions that fit the needs of the farmer customer. Achieve solutions goal objectives in a responsible and profitable manner.
• 15% - Provide effective customer management for a designated list of accounts – ensuring accurate and timely contract management, leveraging sales effectiveness tools and processes, sharing customer insights and collaborating across product lines to maximize Cargill’s overall share of wallet.
• 10% - Actively participate in the planning and execution of the regional strategy, business plans, sales and marketing efforts. Communicate producer trends, marketing plans, crop conditions, wants/needs/concerns to the appropriate people within the region and product lines.
• 1 or more years of proven sales professionalism/experience
• 2 year post-secondary education or 4 years (or more) of equivalent experience
• Proven ability to professionally manage customer relationships
• Proven ability for self-motivation without supervision
• Proven high sales achievement, preferably in a high volume and non-face to face environment
• Proven communication skills (written, oral, listening)
• Proven ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and functions, inside and outside of Cargill Ag Supply Chain.
• Able and willing to day traveling up to 80% of the time to make local day trips 80% to meet with clients face to face in the territory.
• Broad knowledge of Cargill’s (or equivalent) Sales Effectiveness best in class model and Sales Framework
• Broad knowledge of Cargill’s (or equivalent) grain sales contracting process and customer service support offering.
• Understanding of grain commodity futures, future spreads, basis relationships
• Understanding of grain quality management and its associated commercial opportunities
• Understanding of grain flows and ability to capture opportunities the market presents
• Knowledge of production agriculture and farm profitability factors.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.