Line Service - 1st Shift - Full time - Albert Lea, MN
Albert Lea, Minnesota
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Line Service - 1st Shift - Full time - Albert Lea, MN
This is a full-time position is located in Albert Lea, MN. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position. Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
This position is responsible for bringing full racks to all parts of the plant floor and delivering them to the lines to be further processed and packaged. Includes the receiving, dice line, warehouse, etc.
- Accountable for ensuring the racks are brought to their respective lines and in timely manner as well as removing pallets with forklift to be stored.
- Perform multiple tasks in a timely manner including:
- Bringing racks from the smoker or chiller on to the floor
- Taking those racks to their lines in proper order
- Operating a forklift to move full pallets for storage
- Taking product temperatures, accountable for meeting CCP guidelines.
- Loading and unloading BH/Chillers
- Weigh production racks and enter correct information on tickets.
- Communication skills for the following:
- Speaking with line workers and palletizers when assistance is needed
- Ensuring enough racks are being provided for continuous production
- Reporting any hazards, injuries, near misses, or any production problems to the supervisor in a timely and concise manner
- Physically able to complete the tasks of:
- Pushing and pulling 300-1200 pound racks
- Operating a forklift
- Walking and standing for long periods of time
- Rotate to any designated area requested by a group leader and/or supervisor
- Read production requirements
- All Forklift drivers must complete proper training before any operation of the forklift is allowed in the plant which includes:
- Spending time in sessions with the supervisor
- Attending a mandatory class and viewing all videos
- Successfully complete a standard written test
- Also completing a hands-on, driving test
- Basic math ability (Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division)
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work outside of normal shift up to including weekend and off shift hours as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Previous food manufacturing experience.
- Previous leadership experience.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Production experience
- Work history in the last 12 months
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.