Agile Program Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Agile Program Manager will act as a buffer between the scrum teams and any distracting influences. They will clear obstacles impeding the ability of scrum teams to deliver their goals and deliverables and assist in conflict resolution. We seek a servant leader to guide and coach scrum teams on how to follow the agreed processes, theory and guidelines of the scrum framework. Candidate will empower team to a perform at a high level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques. In addition to facilitating and supporting scrum ceremonies this candidate will be a leader in the promotion of Agile and scrum principles in the organization.
- Partner with product owner to maintain the backlog in a way that ensures the needed work is well understood so the scrum teams can continually make forward progress.
- Coach the scrum teams to resolve the definition of done for various solutions, with input from key stakeholders.
- Coach the scrum teams, within the scrum principles, in order to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Promote self-organization within scrum teams.
- Help scrum teams to avoid or remove impediments to progress, whether internal or external.
- Facilitate scrum team ceremonies to ensure regular progress.
- Educate key stakeholders on agile and scrum principles.
- You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems. You may provide direction to lower level team members and be a key contributor.
- Monitor and report on the status of projects including cost, time, and staffing.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience in IT Project Management
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- 4+ years of Scrum Master experience
- Hold one or more scrum certifications (CSM, PSM, PMI-ACP)
- Experience leading across multiple scrum teams to deliver on products with multiple increments/releases
- Experience working with distributed team members, including globally distributed talent
- Project Management Certified
- Exposure to Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
- Experience managing products/projects $1-10 million total spend and facilitating across 5+ Agile teams
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.