Business Development Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Business Development Specialist will support strategy and gameboard development and implementation for the business. In this role, you will partner with business and function leaders across multiple enterprises to prepare, participate and execute gameboards and support cultivation and due diligence activities involved with scouting, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Influence business leaders and guide key milestones for successful strategy execution and portfolio management and lead due diligence and cultivation on selected targets.
- Lead gameboard workstreams by the establishment of a close partnership with business and functional leaders to support mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures.
- Provide thought leadership and support to other workstreams through the development of a gameboard approach, target scouting and prioritization and prepare gameboard update deliverables.
- Engage in industry forums and other channels of industry insights to understand evolving industry landscape, understand competitor moves and identify possible gameboard targets
- Lead scouting, cultivation and due diligence activities to identify potential targets for the business's gameboard in collaboration with research and development, technical experts, segment and category leads and portfolio teams to gather and communicate relevant insights to improve our gameboard.
- Collaborate with other leaders in the organization, across the business, functions and other enterprises to support the integration of target gameboards that are successfully cultivated.
- You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems. You may provide direction to lower level team members and be a key contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Business and finance modeling skills and ability to provide company or industry profiles and financial summaries
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects to meet timelines and deliver results
- Confirmed ability to effectively collaborate, influence and lead change
- Strong analytical and conceptual skill to solve complex problems
- Experience providing impactful and effective communications through the use of presentations
- Experience working with diverse teams and global cultures to accomplish goals
- Experience coaching, developing talent and building high performing teams and the ability to influence technical and business leaders
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Financial analysis of market opportunities and investment payback
- Gameboard cultivation, due diligence and target positioning with leadership
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.