Maintenance Technician I
Timberville, Virginia |
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Maintenance Technician I
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Timberville, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Shift Available: 2nd
Compensation: $27.25/hr - $36.75/hr
Sign-On Bonus: $3,500
- $3,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Marathon Health Clinic (Employer sponsored health center)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Using hand tools to perform maintenance on production machinery
- Ensuring food safety and quality
- Cleanliness and housekeeping
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read/write/speak English
- Ability to work with variety of hand tools
- Must be able to understand and use blueprints, schematics, and installation/operation manuals to install and repair equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts.
- Accuracy, precision, and dependability are a necessity.
- Must be a self-starter and have good communication skills.
- Must be a team player, but also must be able to work well alone.
- Specific eye requirements: No contact lenses allowed in engine room when welding or electrical troubleshooting and repair.
- Previous production or maintenance experience
- Four years maintenance experience
- Previous Cargill experience
- Work history in the past 12 months
- Must have knowledge of OSHA regulations governing this area.
- Candidates should be currently enrolled or have completed an apprenticeship program or have an equivalent educational background.
- Experience in solid state controls and devices including PLC. frequency drives and HIM. is a plus.
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She started as an intern and not only found a career that took her around the world, she also found a team that’s like family.Meet Anita
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Learn More (Inclusion & Diversity)