Surrey, Canada |
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
How would you like to become part of a World Class Maintenance Team working in a World Class Manufacturing Environment!
- Shift: This is a Rotating 12 hr day/night shift. One week days and one week nights within a 3 week cycle and 5 days off in between.
- Monitor, maintain, repair, and upgrade plant Automation and Electrical equipment and networks within the boundaries of budget to ensure process continuity including: PLC’s, HMI’s, servers, switches/hubs, MCC, Motor, VFD, Instruments, UPS and PC’s.
- Champion support and role model food and operations safety programs and practices in partnership with EHS and Operations Management
- Plan Automation and Electrical work requests
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 55lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- BC (Red Seal) or Inter-Provincial 309A/442A Electrician’s Certificate (Fully licensed)
- Must be able to perform electrical maintenance trade
- Experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Forklift certified
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Able to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Prior experience in Production Machinery related work in the food industry.
This full time position is located in Surrey, BC; however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She’s a natural leader that wanted to mentor the next generation. She was empowered to create the Women’s Network in Brazil.Meet Heloiza
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Learn More (Inclusion & Diversity)