Food Safety Quality Regulatory Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Food Safety Quality Regulatory Lead will provide specialized knowledge of specific segments of quality systems or plant processes such as food safety and quality auditing, instrumentation, specific product line knowledge, computer systems, management or oversight of suppliers and other needed focus areas. In this role, you will be involved in preparation and participation of customer audits and you will partner with internal and external teams to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits.
- Conduct verification and maintenance of the food safety and quality systems, hazard analysis and sanitation processes, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment and finished product.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary.
- Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Lead relevant regional, corporate and regulatory food safety focused audits.
- Act as food safety team leader, coordinate and lead the food safety team and overseeing the food safety management system and management review.
- Manage food and feed safety management system compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigate and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office experience.
- Knowledge of food/feed safety industry practices and standards.
- Minimum two years of work experience in food and/or feed industry
- PCQI certification.
- Experience working with and enterprise resource planning platform, such as SAP.
- Knowledge on HACCP principles and applications.
- Extruder food/feed experience
- Audit experience
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.