Senior Tax Advisor (Open to Remote)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 157 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Tax Advisor will handle tax matters and develop strategic legal solutions for complex business issues. In this role, you will partner with key stakeholders in the company's complex enterprises and jurisdictions to provide advice and prepare work product using your knowledge of local and regional regulatory governance and recommend actions to executives and management on critical company issues. In addition, you will serve as the tax lead on complex mergers, acquisitions, divestiture and joint venture projects.
- Research and analyze complex tax principles, precedents and existing tax laws, statutes and regulations, consult with outside advisors, draft and execute legal documents and gather relevant case related information using multiple sources and methods with minimal input from senior team members.
- Partner with stakeholders and provide written and verbal advice for complex tax issues, within a specialty area, to more senior function leaders, accounting and finance leads and business leaders.
- Provide proactive tax planning and transaction analysis on complex corporate projects including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures, construction projects and procurement contracts.
- Assist with the development of complex positions and manage external resources, including the preparation of communications and work product.
- Handle U.S. or non U.S. tax audits or controversy, partnering collaboratively with internal stakeholders, external tax advisors and counsel and tax authorities.
- Understand business models and supply chains and develop appropriate transfer pricing policies.
- Develop, coordinate and provide training for key employees on more complex legal tax matters.
- Provide expert consultative guidance for initiating strategic long-range goals and objectives. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Juris Doctor or regional equivalent or Master's in Taxation or regional equivalent
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Related work experience with a big four accounting firm, major law firm, or multinational company
- Ability to travel up to 20%
This position may be performed remotely in the United States.
The expected salary for this position is $210,000-270,000. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific location, certifications, education, and level of experience. The disclosed range estimate may be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
At Cargill we put people first. As part of your overall rewards, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered and hours worked. Visit: https://www.cargill.com/page/my-health/mh-health-and-wellness to learn more (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.