CBS PPMO Global Practice Lead
Job Purpose and Impact
The Portfolio Management Practice Lead leads a consulting and execution task force under CBS Portfolio and Project Management Office (CBS PPMO). The task force comprises of portfolio management professionals who lead and deliver engagements in partnership with Cargill’s businesses and functions with the goal of improving their overall portfolio maturity, by solving their biggest pain points such as prioritization, resource and demand management, value management etc. This position serves as the portfolio management community leader across Cargill, leading the learning and continuous improvement and capability maturity journey.
The Portfolio Management Practice Lead will:
- Be instrumental and have the overall accountability in developing and running the Portfolio management practice under CBS PPMO, including engagement delivery.
- Build stakeholder network with internal portfolio leaders. Identify opportunities to engage and solve their pain points with quality engagements, that leads to more demand from portfolios across Cargill. Customer outcomes and feedback will be the key measure of success.
- Build, maintain knowledge and develop practice assets which act as accelerator for subsequent engagements
- Be the go-to partner and though leader for senior leaders across Cargill as they take the journey about setting up or improving their portfolios.
- Bring together the community of Portfolio leaders across Cargill for exchanging information, best practices and learning from each other, on a regular basis.
- Do internal branding and influencing with case studies and thought leadership
- Manage the team of experts and their allocation on multiple engagements
This role will collaborate closely with PPM CoE to determine the right process and policy for solutions that already exist, as well as PMO teams to drive the right level of consistency in process adoption and the execution quality (effectiveness, efficiency, and experience).
- This role will be accountable for successful and effective delivery of all Portfolio Management Practice engagements,
- Work in partnership with Enterprises & Functions in making them successful
- Bring together the right team of experts to deliver the engagement by working with relevant resource managers
- Scope the problem tightly, form hypothesis, analyze data and recommend and implement solutions
- Monitor the success of solutions (effectiveness, efficiency, and experience)
- Provide feedback to CoE and PMO teams in terms of process improvement for existing processes
- Grow and mature the practice and perform practice building activities:
- Identify opportunities to engage and solve Portfolio pain points with quality engagements, that leads to more demand from portfolios across Cargill.
- Build a knowledgeable team of experts who can engage with senior leaders in portfolio space. These can be dedicated resources or belong to PMOs or CBS delivery teams
- Build practice assets and solutions, kept upto date with subsequent engagements and act as an accelerator for Cargill portfolios to leverage during engagements.
- Manage knowledge, learnings and insights coming from multiple engagements in the form of case studies, engagements materials, tools, learnings etc
- Day to day team management of engagement managers and consultants. Identify team training and development plans
- Provide leadership to Portfolio Capability Acceleration program
- Build and Grow Portfolio Management community and drive portfolio management capability improvement
- Build stakeholder network with internal portfolio leaders.
- Bring together the community of Portfolio Management practitioners across Cargill for exchanging information, best practices and learning from each other, on a regular basis.
- Be a thought leader and go- to advisor in the portfolio space for leaders across Cargill & partner with PPM CoE in portfolio management capability building efforts
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Fluency in English
- Strong stakeholder management skills across geographies, cultures and contexts
- In-depth knowledge in portfolio management, project management methodologies and processes
- Good at working in an Agile environment
- Experience in leading the e2e portfolio management (setting up and managing)
- Working in matrix organization with diverse and inclusive mind-set
- Strategic and systematic thinking
- Effective communication and change management
- Strong ability of influencing
- Relevant professional certification
- Set up and manage large complex portfolios for big MNC
- Experience in PPM Consulting as Senior service provider.
- Experience in leading the establishment of new capabilities such as Portfolio Management.
- Lead or play a key role on Portfolio Review Team
- Experience as Process Owner for portfolio management
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.