Product Line Manager (Open to Remote US)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Product Line Manager (Open to remote) will create and deliver distinctive value to the Salt businesses. In this role, you will provide sales teams with the support and knowledge to efficiently sell products, drive business results aligned with the growth strategy, targeted territory plans, strategic pricing plans and individualized account plans. You will assist the team with contract negotiations, market intelligence, project management, customer forecasting, supply logistics, product positioning and solutions.
- Develop clear and focused territory planning, specific targets and routine team follow up meetings with account managers and sales leaders to meet and exceed the annual contribution margin target for the assigned products and/or customers in the region.
- Provide effective communication of the business strategy, growth objectives, sales initiatives, sales results, available to sell product and changes in the competitive landscape to the team and across businesses routinely.
- Partner with the sales team to build a strong opportunities pipeline and be the commercial resource in the commercialization process to make recommendations on advancing new projects based on the business case.
- Partner with research and development, supply chain and operations to ensure a high success rate of commercial success.
- Manage business prioritization process and decision making, coordinating with supply chain, sales operations, and sales
- Manage cross functional growth projects
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in marketing, commercial or strategy
- Project management experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience executing brand, channel and customer specific campaigns and promotions
- Experience engaging directly with customers with a positive impact
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in general management, finance, or marketing
- Project management certification
- Experience in Data Analysis, Product Research, Market investigation and Market Innovation
- Hiring Manager: Alissa Wellington
- Recruiter: Fiorella Arguedas Ramirez
The expected salary for this position is $110,000 to 125,000. Compensation varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific location, certifications, education, and level of experience. The disclosed range estimate may be adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. This position is eligible for a discretionary incentive award. The incentive award amount is dependent upon company performance and your personal performance.
At Cargill we put people first. As part of your overall rewards, we offer a comprehensive benefit program including medical and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered and hours worked. Visit: https://www.cargill.com/page/my-health/mh-health-and-wellness to learn more (subject to certain collective bargaining agreements for Union positions).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.