Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Business Development Manager will partner with the META CSST Director to develop a growth oriented investment strategy and execute it. In this role, you will use your network and entrepreneurial skills to cultivate targets in line with business strategy, create a convincing business case, and work with various Cargill functions to establish strategic partnerships.
- Partner with META CSST Director to develop an investment strategy, including identification of key strategic pillars and overall investment approach to ensure strategic goals are met.
- Develop strong knowledge and understanding of recent developments in the targeted growth areas, including evolving market needs and potential new business models and disruptive innovation.
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams to assess, diligence, structure, negotiate and close investments and partner with the META CSST Director to evaluate and structure strategic collaborations (mergers, acquisitions, partnerships) and commercial agreements (including toll manufacturing or over the fence arrangements).
- Develop and maintain a network of with players in the regional food industry (including capital investors), advisors and other key participants in the investment ecosystem to generate relevant intelligence on investment opportunities and best practices on investment strategies.
- You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems.
- Master's degree or master's of business administration or other post-secondary degree
- Experience and knowledge of marketing processes and tools in a business to business environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in strategy or investment related positions
- Combination of strategy and project management or marketing experience
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- Experience leading projects in business strategy and development.
- Plan and coordinate business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures and financial analysis.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/