Parceling Freight Trader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Cargill Ocean Transportation business is looking for an experienced physical Parceling Freight Trader to complement and reinforce the strength of the global team. This is a great opportunity to take Cargill’s presence in a defined market within the OT space to a new level, building on the foundations that have been put in place to grow the business in terms of volumes and P&L. The ingredients are all there to achieve this further growth in terms of market opportunity, a supportive management with a tested strategy and a highly motivated Go To Market presence which holds many critical relationships already.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong risk appetite, top communication skills and a strategic approach to markets. Success will be predicated on the individual’s ability to recognize, plan for and execute on short and long term trading opportunities in the physical markets as well as to highlight global implications of regional market phenomena in a compelling way. Regular travel to meet customers and other stakeholders will be requisite to success in the role.
- Independently handle and monitor regional trading positions
- Together with strategic brokers and the customer team, work on building and maintaining customer relationships to complement the trading desk strategy.
- Work with strategic brokers, customers and agents, as needed, to manage and monitor higher risk trading positions
- Coach and provide leadership by example to more junior team members.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Identify opportunities and provide innovative solutions for customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- High levels of innovation.
- High levels of resilience.
- Strong customer focus, with tangible examples of maintaining and building relationships.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.