Fullerton, California |
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job type: Full time
Shift Available: 1st
Compensation: $22.00 – $23.00/hr (depending on experience)
Sign-On Bonus: $2,000
- Monitoring and operating equipment associated with the loadout and unloading process for bulk materials including trucks and/or rail cars, utilizing scales, pumps, valves, and mobile equipment
- Collecting product samples and monitoring tank levels, utilizing computer systems to input and record data as necessary
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above) utilizing fall protection
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- High school diploma/GED or a minimum of two years equivalent work experience
- Experience working in a production, manufacturing, or industrial environment including in a military setting
- Experience working with any of the following rail operations, tank farms, boiler monitoring, or wastewater
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She’s a natural leader that wanted to mentor the next generation. She was empowered to create the Women’s Network in Brazil.Meet Heloiza
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Learn More (Inclusion & Diversity)