Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor will implement food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory, certification and customer requirements at our animal nutrition facility in Fiorenzuola, Italy. In this role, you will be member of the local leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance safety technology, testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis and knowledge transfer. You will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety and quality concerns.
- Monitor regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and act as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensure adherence to corporate, regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluate standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification, customer food safety and quality requirements and reporting for the team.
- Act as and intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implement product specification systems and drive continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Leading plant tours and audits.
- Participate and lead in projects relating to feed safety, regulatory, process improvement, engagement, training and others as needed.
- Responsible for one direct report, taking l decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Contact person for local authorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry, microbiology, quality assurance or equivalent experience,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
- Process Auditing experience
- One year of supervisory experience
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/