Senior Market Development Agronomist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Market Development Agronomist will partner with sales leadership and other members of the location team to develop and provide agronomic and crop production solutions for our farm customers to help further commercial goals. In this role, you will be involved in new product development and positioning. You will also play an integral role in our internal digital transformation and sustainability initatives. You are a change agent by nature.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in crop production to mentor, develop, present training and become a source for internal and external clients.
- Execute on organization's crop input market development plans by participating in customer meetings, product trials, customer agronomy events, marketing support initatives. Areas of focus may include and is not limited to: crop planning, seed selection, nutrient and pest management, and harvest management.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with our key crop input suppliers.
- Provide vision for the geographic region using specialist knowledge in agronomy to identify new relevant opportunities for the organization and our customers.
- Partner with existing and prospective customers, collaborating with location sales teams to help make sound crop production and risk management decisions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Eligible for membership in the provincial institute of agrologists with a future requirement to obtain accreditation
- Strong understanding of the crop inputs business and the significance of supplier relationships
- Strong understanding of agronomic services, farm customers and the agriculture industry
- Possess a valid Canadian full class 5 driver’s licence in good standing authorizing you to drive independently during the course of your employment
- Must be able to travel for business up to 40% (majority within territory)
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Certified Crop Advisor designation or ability to obtain
- Previous experience working with Western Canadian crops
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.