Plant Operations Senior Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
This position is located in Eddyville, IA and it provides relocation support within the USA support if required.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Operations Senior Supervisor will provide strategic operational oversight for the production and operating facility in Eddyville, IA. In this role, you will oversee and hold waste water treatment accountable to standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Oversee all operations from waste water treatment department to ensure teams are following policies and procedures related to employee, food safety and environmental compliance.
- Partners with environment, health and safety and food safety, quality and regulatory experts to identify the most effective approach for implementing and monitoring corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee production outcomes, quantity and quality to ensure environmental and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner collaboratively with appropriate centers of excellence including, but not limited to engineering and plant management, to provide input into the development of plant capital investment strategies.
- Support the implementation of non base capital investments for waste water treatment department.
- Ensure ongoing review of key performance indicators with focus on continuous improvements in site operational targets.
- Develops and oversees operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for waste water treatment department.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience with budgeting and operational planning
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Lean six sigma certification
- Relevant experience Environmental Permit Compliance
- Relevant experience with Waste Water Treatment systems
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.