Electrician - Rotating Shifts - Full Time - Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
Electrician - Rotating Shifts - Full Time - Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
This is a full-time position located in Wyalusing. Please note you may receive calls from a 952 area code if you are considered for the position.
Note this position does not provide any type of relocation assistance.
Cargill Protein is the umbrella organization of Cargill’s North American beef, turkey, and food distribution businesses. Our businesses based in Wichita, Kansas, provide wholesome, high quality, nutritious and flavorful products to customers ranging from foodservice operators and grocery stores, to food manufacturers and export markets. These businesses employ more than 28,000 people in the US and Canada, who work at dozens of processing and support facilities.
At Cargill Beef, we know that our customers don’t just sell products; they sell the reputations behind those products. Our customers provide people with something that they crave and love and it’s a product that we love, too. And we understand how deeply the quality of our red meat connects to our customers’ reputations. After all, it’s our reputation, too. We have been innovating for the last 150 years to bring our partners new solutions that help nourish the world. We continue to aggressively pursue improvements and produce real results that impact not only our operations but our industry, employees and the world around us. By continuously improving our products, processes and services we are ensuring a better, more sustainable future for our employees, for our customers, for our communities and for our company.
Electrician- plays a vital role in the ongoing Maintenance and Reliability effort, by not only executing the work as planned, but by providing feedback and comments for improvement. The Industrial Electrician is responsible for the faithful execution of work. They will insist on having a work order number available to them to insure appropriate accountability for parts, work materials, and the capture of their time against the equipment being served. They will provide feedback on what repairs were made to the equipment on the work order, and will offer suggestions on how to improve the plans associated to the work effort. In the absence of the maintenance supervisor, the Lead Industrial Electrician is responsible for completing maintenance activities as directed on a day-to-day basis. This includes preventive, predictive, and reactive maintenance assignments.
Manufacturing Process Reliability
- Maintain Process and Industry Standards and Specifications, Safety, Health and Environment
- Effectively and safely operates standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools and basic electrical testing equipment Perform preventative maintenance up to and including Annual PM’s.
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical schematics without issue.
- Complete minor troubleshooting of mechanical and electrical related issues without direct supervision.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulation as well as other departmental policies and procedures. Help to develop proper safety techniques. Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Understand and certify in LOTO, Identify follow-up work required
- Acquire planned materials, tools and documentation for planned work, and work order information for reactive work. Investigate job site if required – determine scope of work (reactive work)
- Prepare work site – scaffolding, safety, etc Perform maintenance task
- Respond to interruption work from immediate supervisor.
- Move to next job after completion or as directed by Maintenance Supervisor
- With the Maintenance Supervisor, resolve problems as needed to perform work
- Complete Closeout Activities including, Tool accountability / Parts reconciliation, Sanitation tagging / Notification to Production, Return unused materials and tools, Functional Operations test complete, and arrange for PdM validation.
- Complete, Sign and return hardcopy Work Order to Maintenance Supervisor complete with; Work Description, Symptoms, As Found, As Left, Start / Finish time, and Labor Hours and Note Deficiencies, Delays, any Job Plan Feedback
- Effectively inform through written communication daily pass-downs issues and actions.
- Any other duties as assigned
- Legal to work in the US
- 18 years old or older
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Read, write, and speak English
- Knowledge of basic tools and maintenance related subjects
- Must be able to write and read in the prevalent language of technical literature utilized at the facility
- Willingness and ability to participate on various teams
- Must be able to attain Electrical certifications
- Previous Cargill experience
- Computer skills
- Previous experience as an Electrician
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.