Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
LOCATION: WORCESTER (UK) WR5 3HR
The Food Safety Assistant will be based in our Cargill Protein Europe Import & Distribution business office located in Worcester. In this position there is the opportunity to progress with your career within Cargill whilst developing your skills and knowledge. Working within the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory team the Food Safety Assistant will handle routine customer requests and support internal and external customers/stakeholders with product quality, food safety and regulatory compliance information. In this role, you will apply a basic knowledge and understanding of food safety, quality and regulatory practices to solve day to day problems and respond to information requests by providing full scale customer solutions.
We offer highly competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package including contributory pension scheme, private healthcare and employee assistance scheme.
• Support the internal teams to resolve challenges and manage customer/supplier documentation.
• Provide technical help and support to internal and external parties.
• Create, review and maintain internal reports and digital activities and provide feedback and input in to the organizational roadmap.
• Reading and interpretation of specification.
• Collaborate with diverse teams across the businesses and supplier locations to drive a customer focused organization.
• Support improvement projects and commitments requiring a basic understanding of customer food, safety, quality and regulatory support, practices and procedures.
• Handle complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff, including customer complaint handling & investigation, certificate management, information gathering.
• Support and contribute to 3rd party audit preparation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in a related field.
• Related work experience in food safety, quality assurance.
• Experience in technical services, quality management, food safety or quality auditing.
• Open to learning new skills and curiosity to obtain information. Willingness to perform office work.
• HACCP and TACCP experience will be advantageous.
• Experience in frozen, chilled, high risk or protein industry will be advantageous
• Effective and passionate about food safety and quality improvement initiatives.
• Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, and database navigation).
• Strong communication skills, ability to work in multiple teams.
• FSQR experience will be advantageous.
• Ability to effectively communicate across different cultures, time zones and levels within the organization.
• Good organization skills
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/