Supplier Technical Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Cargill’s European protein business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for retail, food service and food manufacturing customers.
This key position in the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) team will be responsible to provide technical expertise in managing the supplier, external manufacturing and quality in design processes. This role will act as a ‘change agent’ to manage processes and drive decisions on risks assessments, document results and hold the different teams accountable.
- Leads the development and implementation of ‘Quality in Design’ processes and compliance change/ design in all incoming projects
- Management of Supplier and External Manufacturers, assuring only approved suppliers who have provided all required documentation and met food safety standards
- Assure ingredient and packaging quality helping different teams to assure compliance
- Coaching cross functional teams in the areas of Supplier quality and Quality in Design (involved in supply audits)
- Lead change management and risk assessments with appropriate communication and education
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific or food technology/ engineering related subject
- Proven experience in quality assurance with a focus on supplier and external manufacturing management
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems (TQM or Six Sigma)
- Able to work independently and collaborate with diverse groups within Cargill and externally
- Strong organisation skills, able to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to engage other departments and stakeholders on food safety, quality, health & safety, productivity and cost and drive positive results
- Partner with department managers on making appropriate food safety/ quality decisions
- Change management skills to identify and drive change
- Willing to mentor and coach others
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience within Meat/ Poultry manufacturing
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world. Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final site based interview will be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.