Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
This is a great opportunity to lead all staff and operational areas of a 25-plus person shift, following Cargill’s policies and procedures. You will help produce quality products, which meet customer requirements on time and to specification, in a safe and efficient manner to agreed cost standards. The Team Leader will deputize when needed in the absence of the Shift Manager.
The role working hours are 12-hour shifts, 2 days and 2 nights. 4 shifts on 4 shifts off.
- To supervise a shift of production operators ensuring a safe ‘zero harm’ working environment at all times and production meets legal and Cargill food safety and hygiene standards
- Ensure key performance indicators are met including line rates, quality and yield and review reports from SAP
- Monitor excess wastage and make sure this is controlled and reduced
- Ensure employee and product safety by embedding full training according to task procedures and individual needs
- Ensure the shift are engaged, motivated and have regular welfare, mentoring and performance evaluations
- For colleagues that meet performance and quality targets ensure development plans are in place
- Improve the operation through continual review of line performance and implement ideas to save costs
- Complete detailed shift handovers
- Assist the New Product Development team with factory trials on new and existing products
- Ensure all attendance records are complete in the Time and Attendance system
- Secondary level education (Maths and English)
- Excellent leadership skills; communicate clear objectives, provide feedback, suggests improvement for individual performance to direct reports
- Handle conflicting priorities within tight deadlines and a practical approach to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas and goals to different levels of the business
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Production management experience from the food industry/ FMCG would be strongly preferred, but we will consider skilled operators with the desire to learn and develop
- IOSH or alternative safety qualification
- A formal Lean/ Continuous Improvement certification
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final factory tour will also be needed.