Want to join the global powerhouse that’s building a stronger, more sustainable future? Cargill has a team of 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are passionate about nourishing the world in safe and responsible ways. Every day, we connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. Join us to leverage new technologies, dynamic insights and 154 years of experience to serve our food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers.
Job location: Wolverhampton, UK (WV9 5EU)
Cargill’s European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets.
Based in our Wolverhampton site, the Reliability Engineer will be a key member of the Engineering leadership team, responsible for driving equipment reliability through the utilization of reliability engineering excellence and continuous improvement techniques, whilst ensuring the team and equipment operate in a safe manner.
- Deployment of Lean Manufacturing and Reliability Engineering techniques and mentoring the Engineering team
- Daily operational activities include ; Development of Predictive Maintenance Tasks with measures of asset performance, technical upskilling of the engineering teams, maintenance contract management, working with operations, technical, safety and project teams to minimize downtime
- Development Maintenance schedules in SAP with the appropriate supporting metrics
- Identify and implement small projects to reduce plant losses and inefficiencies
- Ensure personnel safety through full training, promoting a culture of ‘zero harm.’
- Ensure an engaged and motivated team though; regular performance evaluations mentorship, training and engagement
- Management of external contractors including; risk assessment reviews, method statements, tool box talks
- An Engineering qualification to degree, HND or City & Guilds level or equivalent - Multi Skilled or Electrically Biased is preferable
- Experience in the food/drinks industry is desirable, but other sectors will be considered
- The ability to work safely at all times, a formal qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) would be helpful
- PUWER trained and ensuring compliance to LOLER / Legionella legal requirements
- Consideration of Food Safety during Engineering works
- Practical fault finding ability on Motors and other assets
- Working within Reliability Centred Maintenance environment – a formal accreditation would be useful but not required
- Experience setting up/modifying PM schedules in a Computerized Maintenance Management System
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://www.cargill.com/careers/global-inclusion-and-diversity
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final interview will also be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.