R&D Product Science Technologist
The R&D Product Science Technologist handles product development duties specific to laboratory based characterization and product panels – including employee, sensory and consumer sceening. This position will generate the key technical data that allows the development of superior products, cost innovation and modification of existing products. You will support decision making in technical and commercial teams in the ideation/co-creation of new products, execution of laboratory scale testing and the delivery of test panels for the agreed priorities.
- Works with R&D teams to characterize new, modified and existing products in the R&D food laboratory – using existing internal and external food science test and measurement capabilities. Support and/or coordinate the implementation of new food laboratory test and characterization methods and set-up of new local panel capability, as well as the routine maintenance of existing facilities
- Daily management, scheduling, execution and reporting of product and prototype tests in the R&D characterization laboratory, benchmarking and sensory test panels and consumer screening panels - using food science and sensory-consumer methodology. Support general R&D laboratory needs and work processes as required, including the tools and equipment for prototyping and piloting
- Develops, implements, improves and tests procedures needed to help build products efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Ensure sufficient and high quality written procedures for key R&D test methods, with improvements as needed, and actionable written reports from technical lab, sensory and consumer screening
- Ensure the hands-on continuous improvement of specific food laboratory procedures, tests and methods. Partner with local, regional and global R&D/technical teams to reapply best-in-class solutions
- Independently solve daily laboratory test and panel execution issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Food Science, Sensory Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the application of food laboratory test methods including characterization, sensory and/or consumer screening
- Some business travel flexibility required as panel testing may run in multiple locations within UK
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel) including core data analysis and project data reporting skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively with large number of products for testing extending over a period of time, with sense of urgency while ensuring agreed priorities are met
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as an individual and in a team environment
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results oriented with emotional intelligence, energetic, good influencing skill
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.