Quality Systems Manager
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Cargill’s European protein business is a leading supplier and innovator of further processed chicken products for retail, food service and food manufacturing customers. This key position in the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) team will be responsible for the sites Quality System, document management, audit requirements, import and export requirements, company / legal compliance and material / finished product release.
You will collaborate closely with R&D, Operations, Supply Chain, customers, suppliers and coach and mentor a small team of Food Safety Audit Specialists.
- Leads the development and implementation of quality management system, document management, internal and external auditing program, import and export regulatory requirements, global and local compliance & Site technical Training programme
- Responsible for raw and finished product release
- Design, develop and deploy the site internal audit schedule to drive performance and continuous improvement
- Manage the site based customer and internal food safety education and understanding in collaboration with the customer technical team
- Mentor a small team of audit specialists, responsible for engagement and performance management
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific or food technology/ engineering related subject or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Proven experience in a food manufacturing environment in a Quality/ Technical leadership position
- Knowledge of Quality Management systems (TQM or Six Sigma)
- Able to work independently and collaborate with diverse groups within Cargill and externally
- Strong organisation skills, able to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to engage other departments and stakeholders on food safety, quality, health & safety, productivity and cost and drive positive results
- Partner with department managers on making appropriate food safety/ quality decisions
- Willing to mentor and coach others
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience within Meat/ Poultry manufacturing
- Dealing with customers and suppliers
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final site based interview will be needed.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.